DragonBall: Shattered Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DragonBall: Shattered Hope

Ever since the universe was destroyed, King Yemma agreed to allow rebuilding. Will you aid in the construction of the Neo DragonVerse? Or will you rule the planets? Or will you just destroy it? Hope not!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Thus ends the story of Dragon Ball Shattered Hope III. But wait! This isn't the end! The story isn't over! Over ten playable races, forty quests and techniques, and growing all the time! Five hundred and seventy-five years after the metaseries' conclusion, the Saiyans have returned. Earthlings are on the universal stage. Majins have created their own planet. Original races like Solar Saiyans and The Seraphim are present, returning from times forgotten. Rule the galaxy or save it with your dying breath. Gather the Dragon Balls and shape the universe to your whim. Your imagination's the limit. Dragon Ball IV: A New Hoap! ...No one really knows why it's spelled like that. At any rate, we have cutthroat battles while holding the same wit and comedy as Toriyama's famous work. Http://www.newhoap.forumotion.com/

New Stat System? WIP

Go down 
+4
Taco Neko
Jansen
Janko
Agent+of+Chaos
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Agent+of+Chaos

Agent+of+Chaos

New Stat System? WIP Empty
PostSubject: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:55 am

Okay. Some people may be unfamiliar with this system so I will go into detail when explaining it. Basically, I am purposing that we change our traditional view of (PL-/ Stamina-/ Speed-) and use this more... elaborate and detailed form of stats. The system I am referring to is a point buy system. The rage can be debated on later, but basically you would have 7 stats that you could 'buy' into. These stats are: Intelligence, Senses, Strength, Speed, Durability, Power, and Fighting Skills. Now... each stat can have a range from 0-100 (this figure can be debated on later). So lets' say you start out with 30 points. That means that you can buy as many stats in each category as you want (as long as your total doesn't exceed 30). For example:
Intelligence-4
Senses-4
Strength-4
Speed-5
Durability-5
Power-4
Fighting Skills-4
(add them all up and you get 30)

-Intelligence is how much you know (out of combat stuff). An example of this would be Bulma. She has very high intelligence for a human.

-Senses is how well you can track and detect energy; as well as hear, see, ect. An example of someone with high senses would be King Kai or Piccolo. Now just because someone has a high amount of senses, doesn't mean they have the reaction time to dodge attacks. Dodging attacks is entirely different; although senses do help out greatly.

-Strength is how physically strong you are (duh).

-Speed is how fast your body can travel. Now some people might think that speed means dodging. Well this is not the case. Think of it this way... just because someone can run fast, doesn't mean they have a quick reaction time when dodging stuff. Get it?

-Durability is how many times you can take a hit. An excellent example of this is Majin Buu and Cell.

-Power is how high your ki is. This is a no brainier.

-Fighting Skills is how well you fight. An excellent example of this is Piccolo and Vegita. This also dictates how well you can dodge attacks.
Back to top Go down
Janko
Janko

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 am

I was wondering when someone would suggest it. :)
Back to top Go down
Jansen

Jansen

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:23 am

How do you suggest combat's dictated with this? Have an administrator judge and compare every action?
Back to top Go down
Taco Neko
Taco Neko

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:32 am

I actually support this kind of idea. I have been on sites that use that type of system and it has been very successful. with the reset this is a great time to put it into effect.
Back to top Go down
Kurama
Admin
Kurama

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:45 pm

i have some questions..

- Will there be a new fighting system then? And what will it be?
- How will you get points?
- No powerlevels?
- How will transformations be worked into this?
Back to top Go down
Taco Neko
Taco Neko

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:56 pm

I think for the fighting system it will be more rpimg oriented with a mod being judge over the final out come.

Points will be rewarded based on a simple grading system. People will have to do a certain amount of rping to get a point, and certain things may make them not receive any points. And there would be a max amount of points that can be earned in one topic.
Power level: It is replaced with stats. If any stat specifically it would be the power stat.

Trans will give w solid number boost. Like ssj let's say 5 points to power and 5 to speed. Or great ape would give + 8 to power but - 6 to speed and fighting
Back to top Go down
Agent+of+Chaos

Agent+of+Chaos

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Glad everyone is liking this. I haven't actually completed my spill yet, but I hope we can use this system. It takes focus of of how much power level someone has, and allows people with lower power levels to still win and puts more emphases on the actual RP itself. This call for mods actually doing their job and reading each post so pic your mods wisely.
Back to top Go down
Kenshin+

Kenshin+

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:30 pm

I'd rather keep it simple with the current system
Back to top Go down
Artik
Admin
Artik

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:02 pm

Helm no.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonverse.forumotion.com
Kurama
Admin
Kurama

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:07 pm

alright, so we pretty much will determine who wins fights by who the judge of the fight thinks wrote better.... not to mention whenever you fight you'll need to find a judge every single time...

there are plenty of ways for people to fight..

- Items
- Techniques
- Transformations
- 3 Different Stats
- Team Fighting
- Racial Traits (Or are people completely forgetting about these?)

I'm not trying to sound like an arrogant prick but what i'm going to say will make me seem that way anyway, but the stat system you guys are using was created by me and cell back in null zone. I brought it to shattered hope I and was still working out a few of the bugs, and now it was just copied here without understanding it... The whole point of the fighting system you guys are using now was to only assign power level and zenni for posts, and then from there each person could decide how to divide up their stats into ki, strength, and speed, not get a set amount every post... This way everytime you fought someone new it would be a different challenge since no 2 people would have the same stats, even if they had the same powerlevel... And techniques were supposed to give advantages in battle too, once again bridging the gap in power levels...

if you guys want a stat system, then why not just have everyone from here go join Alex's DBZRPG, since it has a stat system and is the longest running dbz rpg on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Agent+of+Chaos

Agent+of+Chaos

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 6:23 pm

I was putting up an option, not trying to start an argument. If every time I try to make this site better I am going to get yelled at or disrespected, then i will leave. This was just a though and nothing more. And to be honest, the current system we have is severely lacking in a lot. This system is better in a lot of ways. It is also very successful in many rp's. So do what you want, but this was just a suggestion; not a topic for arguing.
Back to top Go down
Kurama
Admin
Kurama

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Sheesh, I was just trying to shed some light on your current battle system... and defend it at the same time, if you have nobody to question your logic, how will you ever know that it's correct?

All i did was point out two problems that will quite possibly arise in the future, by all means, go ahead with this system, test it out, see how it goes, compare it to the current one.

It wasn't all that long ago when I was testing out a new fighting system for a role playing game..... [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
Preach
The Mystic
Preach

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:57 am

Just tbh, just keep it simple. I half like AoC's idea. The advantage is, you know the right mod you picked and ppl will rp better. The disadvantage is, everyone will be confused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stat System? WIP   New Stat System? WIP Empty

Back to top Go down

New Stat System? WIP
Page 1 of 1