DragonBall: Shattered Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DragonBall: Shattered Hope

Ever since the universe was destroyed, King Yemma agreed to allow rebuilding. Will you aid in the construction of the Neo DragonVerse? Or will you rule the planets? Or will you just destroy it? Hope not!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Thus ends the story of Dragon Ball Shattered Hope III. But wait! This isn't the end! The story isn't over! Over ten playable races, forty quests and techniques, and growing all the time! Five hundred and seventy-five years after the metaseries' conclusion, the Saiyans have returned. Earthlings are on the universal stage. Majins have created their own planet. Original races like Solar Saiyans and The Seraphim are present, returning from times forgotten. Rule the galaxy or save it with your dying breath. Gather the Dragon Balls and shape the universe to your whim. Your imagination's the limit. Dragon Ball IV: A New Hoap! ...No one really knows why it's spelled like that. At any rate, we have cutthroat battles while holding the same wit and comedy as Toriyama's famous work. Http://www.newhoap.forumotion.com/

Thoughts and Discussion

Go down 
+3
Janko
Preach
Kurama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurama
Admin
Kurama

Thoughts and Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Alright, so the last thing I want to do is come in and tell everyone how to do things, so I'm just posting my general thoughts and some questions you should be asking yourselves.

.: Grading System :.

This is the foundation upon which your site will rest, you'll determine what level transformations will become available based on your grading system. Will it be a mathematical formula? Will it reward more powerlevel for bigger posts? Will it be based solely on the number of words or the content of the post? And finally will there be a cap on how much one character can earn in a single day? Personally I think a cap would be an excellent idea since it would prevent people who have time to write lengthy posts from getting too far ahead from the people who work full-time jobs and have other things going on. Of course there will be items and things like the HBTC (if you choose to add those to the site) to extend that limit for people to catch up. Because when a new member comes to the site and sees that everyone has power levels of 12 billion, it kind of discourages them from joining the site.

.: Races and Transformations :.

The key thing here is to make sure that one race isn't too over-powered, otherwise everyone will choose that race and there will be no diversity on the site. Of course some races will be more powerful than the other, and some will gain their transformations sooner than others, but that's what makes each race special, just as long as one race isn't incredibly strong. Also, just a personal opinion of mine is that in general when deciding what the gains from a transformation should be, they shouldn't be multipliers. The reason for this is because someone could train up to a certain powerlevel, then use all of their transformations at once to get incredibly powerful, and yes, this means saiyans too.

.: Making Things Look Nice :.

Maybe it's just my OCD kicking in, but I'm not a big fan of the global announcements, things need to stay in their own forum, everything has a place, and nothing should be in every forum, but again, that's just me. Secondly, the descriptions here could use a bit more, I don't mean to talk my-self up, but the description of New Namek here is
"Home of the Dragonballs"
as compared to something like
"Planet New Namek was wished as a place for the Namekians to live after their home planet was destroyed. It's almost identical to the original planet Namek with blue grass and green water."
Maybe it's just me, but I think longer descriptions of things would just make the site look a bit better.

.: Techniques :.

Honestly I just got lazy since I already made this post somewhere else

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

let me know what you think

.: Current Powerlevels :.

Alrighty, as some of you think the powerlevels here are rather outrageous, and me being the devious schemer I am thought of a way to reset the powerlevels while keeping everyone's story, the dragonballs. If we gather all the dragonballs, we could make a wish to reset everyone's current powerlevels, keeping their stories. And since every wish can only be made once, this would prevent someone from resetting the powerlevels every 2 weeks.

Let me know what you guys think and please add any of your own ideas and let me know what you think of mine
Back to top Go down
Preach
The Mystic
Preach

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:56 am

Tbh, on the cap thing. I don't like it. It disrupts rp time. It doesn't help. On HBTC, when I joined Null Zone I never went to go HBTC? Or in SH to get strong? If you use HBTC it means you want to learn a move or power hungry. If your pissed of then Power Hungry. And seeing somes have 12 billion won't discourage someone, it'l teach them on how to RP. About the races, there isn't really anything wrong with it. Most races have more transformations then others so thats why the gains on the small transformation take longer to get. About the PL part. I'm not reseting my pl. I need it to learn more moves that will fit in my chars story.
Back to top Go down
Janko
Janko

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:56 am

You do know transformation multipliers dont stack right Kurama? They only multiply your base power. So if you go with a transformation that doubles your base to quadrupling it. You're really only doubling it once again. Otherwise alot of people here would've been way more powerful then they are now.
Back to top Go down
Preach
The Mystic
Preach

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:59 am

Also about multipling. It's only for Perms...
Back to top Go down
Janko
Janko

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:36 am

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Taco Neko
Taco Neko

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Uhhhh for trans fixing that is exactly the problem preach..LSSj 3 and SSJ 4 Are both multiplers for temporary race.
Back to top Go down
Preach
The Mystic
Preach

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:23 pm

I'll fix that anyways...
Back to top Go down
Artik
Admin
Artik

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Oh, and at the moment, we are already trying to gather ALL the Balls for the Saga, though there would be an extra two wishes, one of which goes toward's Maneki and his gender (Or lack thereof) problems.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonverse.forumotion.com
Kurama
Admin
Kurama

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:05 pm

.... seriously? preach if you went to a site and saw people that had 10 billion power level would you honestly want to join knowing you'll never be able to fight anyone? and the whole point of the HBTC is so that weaker players (those who just joined / if you go on vacation / if you have an actual life...) can catch up to the stronger players...

and without a cap the players with no lives and write 10 million word posts would become incredibly stronger than the people who come here in their spare time... And the cap wouldn't be like 10,000 pl per day or something that small... and you could still rp as much as you'd want, you just wouldn't get the power level bonus for it... but if I fought against someone with 10 million power level and i only had 100,000 the only thing i'd learn is that you can kill me with one attack... yeah, learning so much >_<

and as far as the trans go, i've found 2 that the boost from one gives you enough power level to get another trans without any training... and let's look at two races, Bio Android and Majins, both have the ability to absorb powerlevel from their opponents, and both have strictly permanent transformations.

Let's say both train for 425,000.

The majin will reach his first trans, giving them a bonus 25,000, bringing their total to 450,000. From there they could reach their 2nd trans, giving them a bonus 50,000, bringing their total to 500,000. They could reach their 3rd trans, giving them a bonus of 500,000, bringing their total to 1,000,000. But wait! Their 4th trans only requires a power level of 1,000,000, so they would get a bonus 1,500,000, bringing them a grand total of 2,500,000 for only having trained 450,000. (With no cap some could do this in one post)

A bio android will train for 425,000, getting his first trans, bringing them a bonus 9,000, and giving them a total of 434,000. They could get their second trans, giving them a bonus 25,000, raising their total power level to 459,000. After that they get their 3rd trans, adding 100,000 power level, bringing their total up to 559,000. From there they would reach their 4th trans, giving them a bonus 250,000 bringing their power level to 809,000, and they wouldn't be able to reach their 5th transformation, since it requires a power level of 1,000,000.

Majin = 2,500,000
Bio Android = 809,000
(On a side note an android could train for 425,000 and be at a total of 3,201,500)

And both had trained for 425,000, yeah, that's totally fair, but i'll humor you.

If the bio android trains for another 181,000, they reach their 5th trans and get a bonus 750,000, bringing their total to 1,750,000. Which still isn't as strong as the majin's 2,500,000. (750,000 short of the majin even after training for an extra 181,000, leaving them 931,000 weaker than the majin) But let's say the bio android trains for the 8,250,000 they need to reach their final trans, bringing their total power level to 15,000,000, and this is their final trans.

But to be fair if the majin trains for the 9,181,000 that the bio android did, they'd get 2,500,000 + 9,181,000 = 11,681,000, giving them enough to reach their 4th trans and get a bonus 5,000,000, bring their total power level to 16,681,000.

So 16,681,000 compared to 15,000,000 and both having trained for the same amount.

So this is a bit more fair, although the majin would reach their trans before the bio android would. But here's the thing, the majin can train for 33,319,000 they could reach their final trans giving them a bonus 15,000,000, where as the bio android had reached their final trans a long time ago.

And don't even get me started on the half-saiyan page. The super saiyan 2 transformation doesn't even give a power level bonus, and once you've trained for a measly 3,000,000 power level, you can use your TEMPORARY trans to get a x3 bonus...

Bio Android After 3,000,000 - 4,134,000
Majin After 3,000,000 - 5,075,000
Half-Saiyan after 3,000,000 - 9,000,000 (and now they pretty much get a x3 bonus for all their gains)

But yeah, these races are totally balanced and fair, i mean, since most of you probably reached your final trans in your first post with your 10 trillion power levels...

I know the point of this site is to rp and have fun, but there are people who only care about powerlevel, and if left unchecked they will ruin things for everyone else. As what happened with null zone....

I have no problem with criticism, in fact I welcome it, but just have facts and logic to back up your claims, don't just say fighting people with outrageously high power levels will teach you how to rp, because it doesn't, don't say the races are balanced and fair when clearly they aren't (and one not even finished...), and don't say a cap would "disrupt rp time" when really it would "disrupt you from getting more power level than others because you have more time than them"
Back to top Go down
Preach
The Mystic
Preach

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Hmm? Really. If I saw a site with 10 billion pl. I'd ask advice from other players. (Btw, Saying I don't have a life, means i'm not alive) When I saw stronger people. It encouraged me to do more rp.

People with no lives? Everyone has a life!!! Dude it's an rp, some strong, some weak. Gosh.

So what. Instead of putting a cap. Couldn't you lower it down?

Tbh, I never had 10 trillion, I kept Rping hard and hard. Because I had no homework. Do you know something? I was 11!! I hadn't even started secondary school. That's not how Null Zone ended! It ended of Loopholes!!

I never said fighting higher rps with High Rp will teach you how to RP. I said if you see people with higher powerlevels you could learn how to get stronger and stronger. That's what I did. When I mean a cap distrupts rp time, I wasn't talking about me. Lets say you write short rp stuff. and a cap was 1,000. 100 words each story... you do 50 stories. We'd stop rping when we have cap. Not as in quiting. Plus I don't have more time than them. I'm From UK. If it's morning in your country it's after noon here! If it's Afternoon in your country it's night time. And I barely get to rp. Do I care if someones stronger than me? No. If i see someone discouraged by massive pls I'll teach em how to get stronger. Stronger than me...

About Transformations.

Your arguing over your own transformations!! And tbh, you change em if u want, but ur not removing the perm multi.
Back to top Go down
Kurama
Admin
Kurama

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:32 pm

have you even looked at the transformations on this site? super saiyan 2, for half saiyins, has no power level boost.... but i guess there's no problem with that.

and there wouldn't be a cap on how many words you could write... that's retarded, there would be a cap on how much power level someone could gain in a single day... like 100,000 per day or something, i guess it's my fault I assumed everyone would just know i was talking power level, not words.

but all I do site-wise is organize the forums and make things look pretty

and if i remember correctly null zone ended because of loopholes THAT GAVE PEOPLE INSANE AMOUNTS OF POWER LEVEL INSTANTLY

you know, because they made that chamber and you could transfer power level to a new char, level him up, then transfer the power level to another char and repeat...
Back to top Go down
Preach
The Mystic
Preach

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Kurama wrote:
have you even looked at the transformations on this site? super saiyan 2, for half saiyins, has no power level boost.... but i guess there's no problem with that.

and there wouldn't be a cap on how many words you could write... that's retarded, there would be a cap on how much power level someone could gain in a single day... like 100,000 per day or something, i guess it's my fault I assumed everyone would just know i was talking power level, not words.

but all I do site-wise is organize the forums and make things look pretty

and if i remember correctly null zone ended because of loopholes THAT GAVE PEOPLE INSANE AMOUNTS OF POWER LEVEL INSTANTLY

you know, because they made that chamber and you could transfer power level to a new char, level him up, then transfer the power level to another char and repeat...
On Half Saiyans I made mistake.
And btw, that wasn't why Null Zone ended!! They reset it due to something, but not insane pl. 4% of Null Zone had a pl over 600,000. Then it died.
Dude My Opinoin I hate caps. Don't make me like em.
Back to top Go down
Jansen

Jansen

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:40 pm

This seems like a lot more arguing than problem resolution.

I'll be happy to give my input once this sinus issue stops.
Back to top Go down
Kurama
Admin
Kurama

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Null Zone seems like it was ages ago
Back to top Go down
Makoto
Fallen Warrior
Makoto

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Null zone was my fault.........I am the one that fucked it all ip
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and Discussion   Thoughts and Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonBall: Shattered Hope :: Other Things :: Archives-
Jump to: